Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm finally getting to my blog. My lovely handy hubby decided to trim our bushes and trimmed right through the wifi cable...hmmm...I'm convinced he did that on purpose!! He has never been a big fan of me and the internet! ;)

Anyway, as most of you all know, MILEY JO was born on June 2nd at 10:40am. She was taken by planned c-section and everything went well. She weighed 8 lbs. 2.8 oz and she was 20" long.

By the time she left the hospital she was down to 7lbs. 7oz. They said that was totally normal! They just want her to be back up to her birth weight in 2 weeks. Her billy-rubin count (jaundice) was only a 7 something at birth...they said they don't get concerned till it is up near 15. When she left the hospital it was up to 10 something. They said just keep an eye on her over the weekend and see how she does.

The first night at the hospital SUCKED! I have to be honest!! She was up most of the night...very gasy and very cranky. Aaron spent Wednesday night in the hospital with me, but was snoring next to me. =) He did help when I asked him too!

She took to breastfeeding right away with no problem other than being a little gasy. However, she slowed down on the eating early Thursday morning. She didn't eat that great all day Thursday. Thursday, Aaron went home and brought Aiden back for a few hours to see his sissy.

He wasn't quite sure what to think of her, but the longer time goes by the better he has been getting. Friday, Aaron just came up and left Aiden at Grammy's.

We all got to come home on Saturday!!

As for how everything went...Thursday I was exhausted and Miley was extremely cranky! That night I gave in and sent her to the nursery so that I could get some rest. I told them to give her one feeding of formula (because that is what we had to do with Aiden because he wasn't getting anything from me). I'm telling you what...that must have been just what she needed. I sent her to the nursery at 12:30, they fed her at 2:30 (2 oz. of formula), she woke up at 6am...not to eat again, but because she had a messy diaper. Then I had to wake her up at 8:30 to eat again. Every night since then she has went to sleep anytime between 11pm and midnight and woken up at 4 or 4:30 to eat. Then I've had to wake her up at 8:30 in the morning to eat again. FABULOUS! I'm really hoping this schedule sticks. I can totally live with getting up once in the night. =)

Its now been 5 days...I had to get my staples removed today, so my mother came along with me to help. For some reason I felt the need to tackle WALMART. Sure didn't realize how ruff that can be on a person. Of course I was too proud to use a lil scooter and chose to walk around the entire store. Not really my greatest choice I've made thus far! I tell ya what...I'll gladly be driving a buggy if I go back any time soon.

All in all I'm tickled to be at home! I'm so excited to have the summer off! I can't wait till I'm recovered and can get out and do fun things. We have a camping tripped scheduled for July 4th, so I'm very much looking forward to that!! =) Hopefully the days DRAG by. I'm already dreading going back to work =(

Here are just a small preview of some pics I had taken during a photoshoot on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment